To understand food is to understand body chemistry. In a nutshell, certain food increase inflammation and therfore pain, while certain foods reduce inflammation. Here is a short list:
1. Cherries. One study showed that drinking 12 ounces of tart cherry juice twice a day for eight days reduced muscle pain and strain. Fresh or canned tart cherries are also helpful.
2. Olive oil. Good source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids.
3. Cold Water Fish, fresh or packed in Water or Olive Oil. Salmon, tuna, mackerel and sardines are the highest in Omega 3 Fatty Acids.
4. Vegetables and fruit of every color.
5. Vegetable Protein such as soy.
6. Nuts of all kinds.
7. Green Tea.
8. Ginger. Try in a stir fry OR grated root in boiling water and added to tea.
And now 6 Foods That will Make You Feel Worse
1. Vegetable oils. Corn, safflower, sunflower and mixed vegetable.
2. Products high in fructose corn syrup.
3. Foods made with trans fats.
4. Foods high in saturated fats including red meat and dairy products.
6. Processed Foods.
We you are feeling the pain, steer towards healthier, more natural choices and lots of water.